The Creative Matters Story
- The Creative Matters journey began with founder and Managing Director, Mandy Jakich.
- Over her 15=20 years as a primary school teacher in various capacities, Mandy could see that class time creativity was being squeezed out.
- But Mandy had a strong belief that the world needs more creative people to invent, imagine and think outside the box and that rich creative thinking should be an integral part of any arts experience.
- As an artist herself, Mandy also felt that creativity is more than just art. It’s about living a fulfilling life and being inspired by the world.
- So Mandy spent the next 4 years at Auckland Art Gallery running art programmes for teachers and students. Here, Mandy loved seeing the spark creative education ignited in her students, and wanted to make this available to everyone.
- And so Creative Matters was born. A way to bring local, accessible and educational creative inspiration to kids, teens and adults.
- The vision is not about creating artists, it’s about planting a creative seed and watching it grow.
- Before long, word of mouth spread and Mandy’s classes were selling out. Teachers and artists were knocking on her door wanting to be involved.
- And so Mandy’s idea spread across Auckland with workshops run by a passionate team of artists and designers all dedicated to the vision of bringing creative inspiration to all.
Our dynamic team of talented, highly qualified art tutors are practising artists and/or visual arts teachers who are passionate about the visual arts, value the creative process and love to encourage creativity, individuality and confidence in the children they work with.