ACCESSIBLE, COLLABORATIVE MUSIC MAKING FOR MUSIC ENTHUSIASTS AND ROCK STAR WANNABES.
- Learn about music, playing instruments, sound, recording, composition and performance
- Be part of a small group of up to 6 making music in an informal but supportive environment
- Explore and develop the creative process
- Make connections and build relationships with others from your community
- Have fun making music!
- Some musical experience necessary.
From setting up rock instruments, tweaking sound, playing instruments or singing, to composition and recording, this Creative Matters workshop will rock your socks off. Students will work in small groups of up to 6 and everyone will be encouraged to work at their own pace and to contribute in a way that makes them feel comfortable. A rare opportunity to learn everything rock n roll with others, with a 'School of Rock' (think Jack Black in Muriwai) approach.
A series of 9 workshops each term $207. (8 weeks in term 4, $184) All instruments and equipment supplied and you can bring your own.
Workshops at the Surf Club in Muriwai. The workshops will be run in an organic, holistic way, depending on the needs, strengths and interests of each group.
9-13 YEAR OLDS Wednesday 4 - 5pm or 6 - 7pm (TBC)
13-18 YEAR OLDS Thursday 5 - 7pm
Run by experienced musician and mentor George Jakich.